Jessica Ordonez, MBA, director of human resources, The Lodge at Torrey Pines talks about the new online course, Emotional Intelligence for Advanced-Problem Solving in the Workplace.
Emotional Intelligence Online Course Flyer — Sept. 11-Oct. 9
In this interactive online course, learn the meaning and purpose of emotional intelligence (E.I.) with regard to personal and social competence.
Through instructor mentoring, group discussions, in-class and out-of-class assignments, and personal journaling, you will learn:
- The four critical skills of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- How to recognize, understand, and manage your emotions; take an emotional intelligence test for a comprehensive view of your E.I.
- How to identify behaviors that are hallmarks of high emotional intelligence, and explore its connection to advanced workplace performance.
- How to increase your E.I. skills and your ability to influence others.
- A variety of skills to address workplace conflict, and improve communication and interpersonal relationships.
- How to be strengths-focused, and how character and competence build credibility and trust in the workplace.
Note: This course is not part of the Professional Certificate in Human Resource Management.
Please visit sdsubookstore.com/es to order the required textbook, Emotional Intelligence 2.0, by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves. Includes a new and enhanced online edition of the world's most popular EI test. ISBN: 978-0-9743206-2-5
The College of Extended Studies is a State-approved provider for the Federal Workforce Investment Act for this program.