Potential New OLLI Members (age 50+) are welcome to attend one free session of a longer course, or an eligible one-day course, on a space-available basis, with approval of the OLLI staff.
The number-one way people hear about the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at SDSU is through a friend. The Guest Program allows your friends to experience an intellectually stimulating, university-quality OLLI course at SDSU. OLLI Members are eligible for Guest Referral Rewards.
OLLI Guest Pass
Invite Guests (Age 50+)
- Download a Guest Pass to print and share with friends via email, Facebook, or your other favorite social media channels.
- Pick up business card-sized Guest Passes from the OLLI staff to share with potential new OLLI members.
Guests: How To Redeem Your Guest Pass
- Write your contact information on the Guest Pass, and who referred you.
- Choose which session you'd like to attend (Edventures, Special Events, and Workshops are not eligible for a Guest Pass.)
- Book Club
- One session of a longer Course (2-8 weeks)
- Mini Course (summer only)
- Complete the OLLI Guest Pass Course Request Form or contact the OLLI Staff to confirm available seating and eligibility. Call (619) 594-2863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon approval, you will be emailed a confirmed Guest Pass and parking permit.
- When attending your approved free class, turn in your Guest Pass to the OLLI staff or the classroom ambassador, and sign the class roster as a guest. If you're attending the first session of a longer course and would like to continue attending as an OLLI student/member, you may register by contacting the CES Registration Office and the late fee will be waived.
Guest Referral Rewards
OLLI Members: Bring Guests to Earn Free Classes
Guest Referral Rewards are a special benefit available for new and renewing OLLI members. Referral Rewards will be calculated based on the total number of eligible guests (age 50 or better) requesting a Guest Pass during a one-year period (start of fall semester through end of summer semester).
Annual Guest Referral Rewards for OLLI Members
Bring 5 Guests = Free OLLI Book Club Registration
Bring 10 Guests = Free SDSUCard (for great student discounts) or SDSU Gear
Bring 15 Guests = Free OLLI Membership for One Semester
Bring 20 Guests = Free OLLI Four-Week Course Registration
How OLLI Members Redeem Their Annual Referral Rewards
- OLLI members receiving Referral Rewards for the SDSU 2015-16 academic year (August 19, 2015-August 18, 2016) will be announced at the OLLI Fall 2016 Kickoff Event. Free OLLI courses and memberships may be redeemed during the next academic year (August 19, 2016-August 18, 2017).
- Referral Rewards will be tracked based on referral names received on Guest Pass requests during each annual tracking period. Please encourage your guests to list your name in the “Referred by” space when submitting their Guest Pass request, to ensure that your Referral Rewards can be tracked.
Thank you for spreading the word about OLLI at SDSU's intellectually stimulating, university-quality courses, and the joy of our diverse learning community.