Over the past year, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at SDSU has grown in so many ways that our thriving community — one of 120 institutes in the United States — meets the Bernard Osher Foundation’s definition of exemplary.
For this honor, we were invited to apply for a $25,000 capacity-building grant, and we received it! If we meet the volunteerism, fundraising, and membership goals required by the grant, we’ll have the opportunity to apply two additional years, for a total of $75,000. The grant will help us ensure the long-term sustainability of the institute, securing its future for you, your family and friends, and the community.
Let’s Reach Our Goals Together
OLLI at SDSU Challenge Flyer
How You Can Help
We’re on a Roll to Achieving Goals
Recent Notable Achievements
- Increased volunteerism — currently at 27 volunteers, up from 21 last fiscal year
- Launched the Events Planning Committee
- Debuted the Classroom Ambassador role
- Formed subcommittees of the Curriculum Committee to implement member feedback
- Received $3,320 in donations so far in 2016-17 from 60 donors
- Increased donations — 73 versus last year’s 30
- Increased donors — 60 versus last year’s 23
- Received one planned gift in 2016-17, bringing our total to two
- Steadily increasing Facebook following — 347 likes, up from 246 last fiscal year
- Reaching South Bay residents with lectures at St. Paul’s Plaza
Achievements on the Horizon
- Create a Speakers Bureau of volunteers to visit local organizations such as Lions Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Retired Teachers Associations, Farmers Markets, etc. to raise awareness about OLLI and increase membership
- Launch a new website and registration system this year for a more user-friendly experience
Thank you for all that you bring to the wonderful OLLI at SDSU community
If you have any questions, ideas,or feedback, please email email@example.com or call (619) 594-2863.