Welcome to OLLI Outlook and happy spring! I want to share some exciting news. Over the past year, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at SDSU has grown in so many ways that our thriving community — one of 120 institutes in the United States — meets the Bernard Osher Foundation’s definition of exemplary.
For this honor, we’ve been invited to apply for a $25,000 capacity-building grant and – if we meet our volunteerism, fundraising, and membership goals – the opportunity to apply two additional years, for a total of $75,000. The grant will help us ensure the long-term sustainability of the institute, securing its future for you, your family and friends, and the community.
We’re on a roll to achieving goals. Recent notable achievements include:
- Increased volunteerism — currently at 27 volunteers, up from 21 last fiscal year
- Launched the Events Planning Committee
- Debuted the Classroom Ambassador role
- Formed subcommittees of the Curriculum Committee to implement member feedback
- Received $3,320 in donations so far in 2016-17 from 60 donors
- Increased donations — 73 versus last year’s 30
- Increased donors — 60 versus last year’s 23
- Received one planned gift in 2016-17, bringing our total to two
- Steadily increasing Facebook following — 347 likes, up from 246 last fiscal year
- Reaching South Bay residents with lectures at St. Paul’s Plaza
Achievements on the Horizon
- Create a Speakers Bureau of volunteers to visit local organizations such as Lions Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Retired Teachers Associations, Farmers Markets, etc. to raise awareness about OLLI and increase membership
- Launch a new website and registration system this year for a more user-friendly experience
Goals for 2017-18:
- Increase membership by 10 percent (an increase of 59 members)
- Raise $7,500
- Increase volunteers from 27 to 40
Let’s Reach Our Goals Together — How You Can Help
- Invite your friends
- Follow us on Facebook (leave a review, comment, or Like us)
- Introduce OLLI at SDSU to your organization or corporate connections for potential sponsorships
Thank you for all that you bring to the wonderful OLLI at SDSU community!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 594-2863.