How would you like to help spread the word about the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at SDSU?
Learn how you can share the joy of lifelong learning with others and give back to your OLLI learning community with as little as two hours per semester. Join the OLLI at SDSU Speakers’ Bureau to raise awareness and increase membership.
Kathi Diamant, who has an extensive media background, will lead a 3-hour training session on May 23 that will provide insight for beginners and experienced public speakers. She has worked on-air for such local television outlets as KFMB and KPBS.
Training sessions will cover talking points and the speakers’ kit, along with volunteer and staff roles and responsibilities. The Speakers’ Bureau volunteers represent OLLI at SDSU at such local organizations as Lions Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, and Retired Teachers Associations.
Potential speakers should possess the following qualities:
- Desire to share the OLLI story
- Comfort with public speaking (or willingness to be trained)
- Availability for 3-hour volunteer training session
- Availability for two-three presentations per semester
- Ability to transport self to speaking venues
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds (tabling event materials such as tablecloth, banner, catalogs, and promotional items)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (619) 594-2863.