Get the education you need to succeed today!
The Workforce Partnership is committed to building a strong workforce in San Diego. SDSU and Workforce Partnership are working to ensure that the area has a skilled, work-ready workforce that allows area employers and businesses to thrive, and to ensure that individuals have the skills and tools they need to obtain and keep sustaining employment.
Am I eligible to have my tuition paid for?
The federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program helps you find a job or train for a new career.
- All adults, age 18 or older, are eligible to receive services. Additional intensive services are available to unemployed individuals who have been unable to obtain jobs through core services and those who are employed but need additional training services to reach self-sufficiency.
- Financial assistance is available for approved clients.
- To be eligible for the dislocated worker program, you must have received a lay off notice or have been laid off due to a company closure or mass layoff. You may also be eligible if you are currently unemployed and are unlikely to return to your prior occupation due to economic conditions in that industry.
- America's Job Center of California provides services at multiple locations around San Diego. The career center near you will determine if you are eligible to receive free training from a provider. For more information, visit workforce.org/ajcc or call 1-888-884-SDWP (7397).
Approved Online and Classroom Programs
- Construction Estimating Online
- Construction Practices Online
- Grant Writing Online
- Human Resource Management
- Lean Enterprise
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Project Management
- Project Management Online
- Accounting Manager Online
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- EKG Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- TESL/TEFL - Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Contact a Workforce One-Stop Career Center for application and approval first. For more information on courses, call (619) 265-SDSU.