Your Roadmap to Career Success
Are you interested in exploring your career options? Still figuring out what the best path is to take?
From self-assessment and goal-setting to interview preparation and marketing yourself, SDSU’s guided Career Explorations Course will:
- Help you identify where you are in your career path.
- Give you tools to identify your interests and values at any point in your career path.
- Teach you how to build your personal brand for the job market.
Upon completion, you’ll have a clearer plan for a more rewarding career!
Is This Program Right for Me?
Navigating today’s job market can be challenging. The employment landscape is rapidly shifting. Luckily, SDSU Global Campus is your one-stop shop for career development. You’ll be equipped with the tools you need to take your best self into the job market at any point in your career.
This program can help you:
- Find direction in your job search.
- Position yourself for a raise or a promotion.
- Get ready for a career change.
- Move forward in your current job.
- Prepare for the job market as a newcomer.
- Boost your interview skills.
- Update your résumé.
- Build your networking skills.
Our Career Explorations Course is open to anyone. Whether you’re finishing your bachelor’s degree, earning a professional certificate, taking classes through another Global Campus program or looking for some assistance with your professional growth, this guided professional development course is designed to give you the tools you need to succeed at any point in your career.
By completing this online course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the Career Development Model and identify where you are in the process.
- Utilize resources and tools to identify your interests and values to begin building goals that support your career journey.
- Create a personal brand for the job market including résumé building, interview preparation, and leveraging social media (LinkedIn).
This one-unit course features 8 weekly modules. At the beginning of each week, you’ll meet online to discuss one of the following key career development topics:
- Career exploration
- Goal setting
- Marketing yourself
- Interview preparation
- Job searching
- Career- and self-development
You’ll explore the topic through weekly take-home assignments, as well as supplemental reading and informative videos. You’ll participate in a virtual discussion board throughout the course, where you can connect with your instructor and classmates and discuss the topics you’re exploring in class.
Upon completion, you’ll have a framework that you can rely on at any stage of your career.
Advance Your Career With SDSU Career Services
Our guided career explorations course is designed and delivered by expert instructors from SDSU Career Services. Through partnerships, education, and programming, Career Services provides current Aztecs and Aztec alumni with many opportunities to define, develop and realize their career potential. They also work closely with employers and community partners to fill important staffing and internship positions from within the diverse and talented Aztec student body.