HR professionals today are responsible for adding value to the organizations they serve and contributing to the ethical success of those organizations; HR professionals function as a key source of ethical awareness for managers and employees. This course heightens awareness of when integrity and an understanding of ethical issues are required, not only when advising others, but also when addressing the issues HR professionals face. Students learn to recognize the parts of their jobs in which ethical issues are most likely to be experienced, to develop solutions, evaluate their impacts, and decide on a course of action. Additionally, students understand the impact of cultural and organizational pressures to conform; identify when to escalate issues and to whom; know the early warning signals of conflict between personal and work values; and assess how to maintain personal integrity.
October 8 - November 12
Emotional Intelligence for Advanced-Problem Solving in the Workplace. In this interactive online course, learn the meaning and purpose of emotional intelligence (E.I.) with regard to personal and social competence. Through instructor mentoring, group discussions, in-class and out-of-class assignments, and personal journaling, you will learn:
- The four critical skills of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- How to recognize, understand, and manage your emotions; take an emotional intelligence test for a comprehensive view of your E.I.
- How to identify behaviors that are hallmarks of high emotional intelligence, and explore its connection to advanced workplace performance.
- How to increase your E.I. skills and your ability to influence others.
- A variety of skills to address workplace conflict, and improve communication and interpersonal relationships.
- How to be strengths-focused, and how character and competence build credibility and trust in the workplace.
October 29 - December 3
Human side of leadership with a focus on individuals, teams, and networks in interdependent and complex organizational systems in hospitality and tourism management. Investigates adaptive leadership, culture development, and performance improvement within the context of organizational development and change.
September 23 - December 15