Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer Diversity Award
The recipient will receive full tuition towards completing their Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer. They’ll also have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience through an internship with Coronado Brewing Company as a capstone to the program.
This opportunity is open to current or prospective students of the SDSU Global Campus Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer program who are at least 21 years old.
We will accept applications from September, 2023. The award recipient will be selected and notified in December 2023. The awarded student can begin the program in January 2024.
Diversity Award Process
SDSU Global Campus will consider applications from students interested in completing the Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer program. Tuition will be paid by the award from Coronado Brewing Company.
- Students may complete and submit the Interest List form on this page to be notified when applications open on September 1. As part of that application, you will be asked to respond in writing to the following prompts (500-1,000 words):
- Please share how you have demonstrated leadership in your community, industry, and/or school and strive to promote a diverse, inclusive, and equitable society.
- If you receive this award, how will your participation in the Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer program provide you the opportunity to impact the brewing industry and be a champion for a more diverse and inclusive workforce?
- SDSU Global Campus will review applications and essays to determine which applicants are qualified for the award.
- SDSU Global Campus will interview the top three finalists and determine the awardee.
As the first recipient of the Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer Diversity Award I am truly honored to continue my craft beer journey with SDSU Global Campus. This education and experience will prove to be valuable not just to myself but to this industry. I look forward to taking what I learn in this program to the workplace and incorporating a diverse and inclusive team through education where we can all succeed!”
— Kassy Fierro, Inaugural Award Winner