Don't Forget To Submit Proof Of Your Vaccination Or Request An Exemption
Per CSU policy, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty, and staff who plan on visiting SDSU’s campus this fall. Please submit your proof of vaccination documentation or request an exemption via HealtheConnect as soon as possible - this applies to fully online students who do not intend to visit the SDSU campus.
- You are a fully online student and do not plan to visit campus for any reason (this includes using the library, visiting the book store, attending events on campus, etc.)
- You are the in process of attaining full vaccination status
- Medical conditions prevent you from taking the vaccine
- You cannot take the vaccine for religious reasons
For each of the exemptions above, please log into the HealtheConnect portal to request your exemption.
You should upload your vaccine information or request an exemption via HealtheConnect as soon as possible, but no later than Sept. 3. You will not be able to attend any in-person classes or visit campus facilities until you receive a Green Medallion under the COVID-19 tab in HealtheConnect that says you’re cleared to visit campus. If you are not planning on coming to campus for any reason, you’ll still need to claim your online exemption as soon as possible, but no later than Sept. 3.
You’ll need to use your activated SDSUid (SDSU email address) to access HealtheConnect. This process is quick and should take no more than 5-10 minutes.
If your class has already begun but you’re awaiting clearance from HealtheConnect, please notify your instructor to ensure that your seat in the class is secure. If you’ve already uploaded your information or gotten your exemption approved, please disregard this message.
If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Please call (619) 594-7700, email email@example.com (please include “Vaccine Question” in the subject line), or visit globalcampus.sdsu.edu/covid-19 for more information.
Enroll in SDSU Classes Through Open University
Welcome to Open University!
With Open University, you can participate in SDSU undergraduate and graduate classes on-campus and online, on a space-available basis, without applying to San Diego State University.
Open University offers over 200 different online college courses.
You can choose from dozens of college courses focused on a variety of topics, including business and finance, computer science, education, history, marketing, professional development, and environmental studies.
Open University may be a fit for you if you’re working toward a degree, needing to earn transferable credit, or want to explore a course before committing to an entire degree program. Open University is also a great option if you need to update professional skills with additional training or raise your GPA for readmission.
Whether you’re a working professional or you’re attending another university or a community college, you can still take part in college courses at SDSU with Open University. Registration is easy; create an account, select the courses you’d like to attend, and pay for your classes.
How to Participate in Open University
- Check the University's class schedule for the courses you want, and to see which courses are open. Please note that you’re responsible for meeting all course prerequisites prior to registration.
- Register and pay online in any open class once registration starts. Registration in open classes may be done online or by secure email. For information on how to submit by secure email, please contact the registration office. Waitlists must be done online only.
- Use the online SDSU WaitList process during your Open University registration to request a seat in a closed class if desired. SDSU matriculated students have priority for all waitlisted courses. Open University students will be notified by email with payment instructions when they have been enrolled in a class that was waitlisted.
Once you’ve chosen your Open University courses and enrolled successfully, you’ll access your online courses via Canvas, SDSU’s online Learning Management System.
To access Canvas, you’ll need to create an SDSUid account login. You’ll receive an email from SDSUid following registration and payment for your Open University courses. Please allow 2-3 days for the process to be complete. If you need help accessing Canvas, please contact SDSU Global Campus IT Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit canvas.sdsu.edu to access Canvas.
Click here for more information on the registration process.
Taking an online college class with Open University can help you make the next steps in your education and your career. Choose your courses and sign up today!
Open University Dates and Deadlines
View deadlines and dates for the current academic term, such as the last day to register, drop, or to change your grading option.
Registration Period: August 16-27
Registration via Waitlist: August 28-September 3
Deadline to Drop (w/ full refund -$21): August 22
Deadline to Drop (w/ 65% refund): September 3
Withdrawal Deadline (no refund): September 10
Registration Period: Jan. 11-25
Registration via Waitlist: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
Deadline to Drop (w/ full refund -$21): Jan. 18
Deadline to Drop (w/ 65% refund): Feb. 1
Withdrawal Deadline (no refund): Feb. 8