Keep Our Community Safe
Don’t forget to submit your vaccination records or request an exemption (including an online exemption for online students).
Visit neverstoplearning.net/covid19 for the latest COVID-19 guidelines.
Enroll in SDSU Classes Through Open University
Fall 2022 Classes Begin August 22
With Open University, you can participate in SDSU undergraduate and graduate classes on a space-available basis - without applying to San Diego State University.
Open University offers over 200 different online college courses.
You can choose from dozens of college courses focused on a variety of topics, including business and finance, computer science, education, history, marketing, professional development, and environmental studies.
With Open University, you can:
- Work towards a degree.
- Earn transferable credit.
- Explore a course before committing to a degree program.
- Acquire new professional skills.
- Discover new passions.
- Raise your GPA for readmission.
Whether you’re a working professional or you’re currently attending another college or university, you can still enroll in college courses at SDSU with Open University. Registration is easy; simply create an account, select the courses you’d like to attend, register, and pay for your classes.
How to Participate in Open University
- Check the University's class schedule for the courses you want, and to see which courses are open. Please note that you’re responsible for meeting all course prerequisites prior to registration.
- Register and pay online in any open class once registration starts. Registration in open classes may be done online or by secure email. For information on how to submit by secure email, please contact the registration office. Waitlists must be done online only.
- Use the online SDSU WaitList process during your Open University registration to request a seat in a closed class if desired. SDSU matriculated students have priority for all waitlisted courses. Open University students will be notified by email with payment instructions when they have been enrolled in a class that was waitlisted.
Once you’ve chosen your Open University courses and enrolled successfully, you’ll access your online courses via Canvas, SDSU’s online Learning Management System.
To access Canvas, you’ll need to create an SDSUid account login. You’ll receive an email from SDSUid following registration and payment for your Open University courses. Please allow 2-3 days for the process to be complete. If you need help accessing Canvas, please contact SDSU Global Campus IT Support at email@example.com.
Please visit canvas.sdsu.edu to access Canvas.
Click here for more information on the registration process.
Taking an online college class with Open University can help you move your education and your career forward.
Choose your courses and sign up today!