Get Financial Assistance for the Education You Need to Succeed
SDSU is an Approved Provider for the New Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
San Diego State University is committed to building a strong, employable workforce in our city with industry-specific career training certificate programs. These programs ensure you have the core skills and tools you need to help our local economy thrive. Choose from a variety of programs to meet your career needs and goals.
Tuition Payment Eligibility
The Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) helps you find a job or train for a new career. Here’s how it works:
- All adults, age 18 or older, are eligible to receive services if approved.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership will authorize up to $7,000 in tuition assistance for approved individuals to cover their educational expenses. Tuition assistance is provided for students who qualify for approved programs. Government approval of programs is subject to change.
- To be eligible for the dislocated worker program, you must have received a lay-off notice or have been laid off due to a company closure or mass layoff. You may also be eligible if you’re unemployed and unlikely to return to your prior occupation due to economic conditions in that industry.
- Contact a Career Center near you to determine if you’re eligible to receive financial assistance for training from a provider.
Workforce Partnership-Approved Programs at SDSU Global Campus
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Industry Voucher Included)
- Clinical Dental Assistant* (Industry Certification Voucher Included)
- HVAC/R Training Program (Industry Certification Voucher Included)
- Veterinary Assistant*
- Professional Certificate in Civil Sitework Construction
- Professional Certificate in Construction Estimating
- Professional Certificate in Construction Practices
- Professional Certificate in Construction Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Construction Supervision
- Professional Certificate in Grant Writing
- Professional Certificate in Meeting and Event Planning
- Professional Certificate in Project Management
*Program eligible through Workforce Office Locations outside of San Diego County
For more information and Career Center locations, visit workforce.org/ajcc or call (619) 319-WORK. Contact a Workforce Career Center for application and approval first.
For more information on courses, call (619) 594-7700.
Equal Opportunity is the Law. Equal opportunity employer/program auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Click here to learn more.