Get Financial Assistance for the Education You Need to Succeed
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person components of this program have either been paused, rescheduled, or moved into a virtual format until further notice.
Please call (619) 319-WORK to learn how these changes affect your program. SDSU will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidance of our local and federal health agencies.
SDSU is an Approved Provider for the New Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
San Diego State University is committed to building a strong, employable workforce in our city with industry-specific career training certificate programs. These programs ensure you have the core skills and tools you need to help our local economy thrive. Choose from a variety of programs to meet your career needs and goals.
Tuition Payment Eligibility
The federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) helps you find a job or train for a new career. Here’s how it works:
- All adults, age 18 or older, are eligible to receive services if approved.
- Government approval of programs is subject to change. Tuition assistance is provided for students who qualify for approved programs.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, San Diego Workforce Partnership has moved their services online. Contact a Career Center near you to determine if you’re eligible to receive financial assistance for training from a provider.
- To be eligible for the dislocated worker program, you must have received a lay-off notice or have been laid off due to a company closure or mass layoff. You may also be eligible if you’re unemployed and unlikely to return to your prior occupation due to economic conditions in that industry.
Approved Online and Classroom Programs at SDSU Global Campus
- Professional Certificate in Esports
- Professional Certificate in Grant Writing
- Professional Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Professional Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer
- Professional Certificate in the Business of Wine
For more information and Career Center locations, visit workforce.org/ajcc or call (619) 319-WORK. Contact a Workforce Career Center for application and approval first.
For more information on courses, call (619) 594-7700.
WIOA Title 1 financially assisted programs are equal opportunity employer/programs; auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.