Whether your goal is graduate school, career development, or exploring a new interest, SDSU Global Campus offers dozens of certificate programs to help you go further.
Workforce Partnership Approved Programs
VA benefits are processed through SDSU’s Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center. Students interested in using the Post 9/11 GI Bill or any other VA education benefit should contact the Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center, at (619) 594-5813 for more information.
* This program contains in-person components which are currently being held online due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Advanced Certificates are graduate-level academic SDSU certificates that require matriculation/admission to San Diego State University, much like a degree. This means that these certificate programs require an application to SDSU in order to register for courses.
- Advanced Certificate in Data Science
- Advanced Certificate in Public Health
- Advanced Certificate in Regulatory Affairs
- Advanced Certificate in Residency Training in Radiation Therapy Physics
- Advanced Certificate in Web and Mobile Application Development
From construction and forensics to hospitality and teaching abroad, SDSU Global Campus offers 20 unique Professional Certificate programs designed to help you advance your career on your busy schedule. Courses in these certificate programs are open to all, no application required. You can even earn transfer or professional development credit for select programs.
- Professional Certificate in Civil Sitework Construction
- Professional Certificate in Construction Estimating
- Professional Certificate in Construction Practices
- Professional Certificate in Construction Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Construction Supervision
- Professional Certificate in Contract Management
- Professional Certificate in Enterprise GIS
- Professional Certificate in Forensic Psychology
- Professional Certificate in Grant Writing
- Professional Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Professional Certificate in Management and Leadership
- Professional Certificate in Meeting and Event Planning
- Professional Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer
- Professional Certificate in the Business of Wine
- Teaching English - TESL/TEFL Certificate
In addition to our professional certificate programs, SDSU Global Campus offers several certificate programs that are designed for exclusive audiences and are not open to all. While these certificate programs don’t require a formal application to SDSU, the admission process for these programs is unique, and you should ensure that you meet all recommended prerequisites before signing up for courses. Please visit the pages below for program-specific details.
Open University Certificates
With Open University, you can take undergraduate- and graduate-level college classes at SDSU on a space-available basis without applying to the University. SDSU has more than 200 online college courses to choose from across dozens of subjects, including business, computer science, history, and education.
By taking certain course sequences, you can earn an Open University Certificate from SDSU. Please visit the program pages below for more information on course sequences.
Open University Certificates
- Computational Linguistics
- Entertainment Management
- Environmental Studies
- Geographic Information Science
- Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology
- Professional Writing
- Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
- Text Analytics
- Translation & Interpretation (English-Spanish)
- Tribal Casino Operations Management
- Women's Studies
Click here to learn more about Open University Certificate programs.