Welcome to the College of Extended Studies (CES) at San Diego State University. For more than 40 years, we have been reaching out to San Diego, the nation, and the world with a wide variety of lifelong learning opportunities — both in-class and online.
We welcome you to explore all the many ways in which we can help you learn, grow, and attain goals:
- More than 50 certificate programs for career advancement — ranging from contract management, construction and craft beer, to health care, human resource management and regulatory affairs
- Master’s degree programs in science, counseling, education, and hospitality and tourism
- University-quality courses for students age 50 and better through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at SDSU
- World-renowned ESL instruction at The American Language Institute
- Access to regular SDSU courses through Open University
- Faculty-led Study Abroad programs
- Online programs ranging from single courses, to certificate programs, to degrees
Students consistently note that one of the key strengths of CES programs is a faculty comprised of working professionals. Their real-world experience and diverse perspectives give students a hands-on approach to learning skills they can immediately apply toward career goals.
Students also note that networking is a key strength of programs at CES. Whether networking with fellow students or instructors, in class or online, students make important connections that could lead to new opportunities.
Whatever your goals are for improving your career options and enhancing your life, there's something for you at SDSU's College of Extended Studies. Explore your future at NeverStopLearning.net.