Since its debut in 2004, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at San Diego State University has grown from 16 students to more than 660 members — adults age 50+ who share a love of learning and discovery. Over the years, we’ve hosted hundreds of lectures, courses, workshops, book clubs, special events, and off-campus Edventures.
As a business sponsor, you can raise awareness of your brand with this vibrant community of San Diegans who are well-educated, active, engaged in life, and have disposable income. At the same time you’ll be helping us deliver excellent programming and enable us to offer fee assistance to members who couldn’t otherwise afford to participate.
We will proudly recognize your business in our spring, summer and fall catalogs; on our website and social media platforms; and marketing materials.
Who We Are
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at San Diego State University engages and enriches lifelong learners through a diverse selection of courses and programs to foster the joy of learning. We deliver over 120 courses, lectures, book clubs, Edventures, workshops, and special events annually to students throughout San Diego County. All offerings (except day-trip Edventures) are held at SDSU’s main campus and St. Paul’s Plaza in Chula Vista. To increase accessibility, we continually search for new communities with which to partner.
- Respect – We appreciate the diversity of backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives within our learning community, which reflect the unique multiculturalism of our area. We treat all members of our community with respect and honor freedom of thought and expression.
- Excellence – We strive for outstanding quality in programming and the overall member experience.
- Innovation – Our member-driven curriculum has a rich variety of subjects and methods of delivery.
- Community – We embrace collaboration and partnerships to better serve the broader San Diego region.
- Active Engagement – We support activities that promote the positive well-being and physical, mental, and social health of our members.
- Volunteerism – We value and encourage meaningful volunteerism by our membership which is vital to the success of our mission.
Why We Need Corporate Sponsors
- Continue in our tradition of providing an excellent curriculum every term
- Increase impact and grow membership
- Award scholarships to lifelong learners in need of financial assistance
- Over 660 members, age 50+, mostly retired
- Our members come from all variety of professional career fields and life experiences, are leaders and contributors in a vast array of community organizations, are mature decision-makers, and represent substantial spending power.
- Email list: 2,200 (members, past members, guest attendees, and inquirers)
- Alumni list: 30,000 (includes graduates + anyone who attended classes at SDSU)
- Catalogs: 15,000 (hard copy)
- Catalog distribution: Local libraries, fitness centers, retirement communities
- College of Extended Studies website
- Facebook followers: 500
- 60 course flyers/year
- Welcome Orientation and Tour: Approximately 100 attendees (held in fall and spring terms)
- Speakers Bureau presentations: Approx. 10/year (reaching up to 1,000 community members)
To become a business sponsor or for more information, contact Aimee Davis, Osher Director, at email@example.com or (619) 594-5674.