Osher Institute at SDSU membership is $30 for new and renewing members, per person, per term and is required to register for Osher offerings unless otherwise noted. Your membership fee will be added to the cart automatically.
Discover the Rewards of Osher Membership
- Access to a wide array of offerings
- Free convenient parking included with course fees
- A community of engaging peers
- Discounted rates at the Aztec Recreation Center, local theaters, museums, cultural facilities, and more (with SDSUcard)
- SDSU Love Library privileges
- Free admission to all regular season Aztec athletic events (with SDSUcard)
- Amazon Prime student rate ($59 versus $119 per year)
- Connection to the academic and cultural resources at San Diego State University
- Engaging leadership and volunteer opportunities
Questions about membership, please call (619) 594-2863.
Please remember that membership is not a tuition fee, and accordingly, cannot be prorated, refunded, transferred, or adjusted.
An SDSUcard is now available for a one-time fee of $18, as an additional option for members interested in the following:
- Special student pricing at area theaters, museums, cultural facilities, and public transportation (please contact participating organizations for rates and availability).
- Discounted monthly fee (affiliate rate) at the Aztec Recreation Center. Call (619) 594-7529 for more information.
- SDSU student tickets at campus athletic events. For details and availability, visit the San Diego State Ticket Office or Viejas Arena Box Office.
To purchase your SDSUcard for the first time, attend the Welcome Orientation and Tour or check in at the College of Extended Studies (CES) Registration/Cashiers windows (on the Hardy Avenue side of the Gateway Center building). Bring your driver’s license (or other official identification) with you. After fee payment, you will get your picture taken and obtain the card on campus at the SDSUcard Office in the Student Services West building room 2620. (See map for location details.) You will also receive a semester sticker to indicate that your SDSUcard is valid for the current Osher semester.
In future semesters, you can renew your SDSUcard at no additional charge after registering for Osher classes by obtaining an updated semester sticker at the CES Registration/Cashiers office.
What Our Members Are Saying
Love the format: meet once a week for four to six weeks; no tests, just thought-provoking discussions.
One of the greatest benefits of our Osher Institute is convenient access to the SDSU campus. Complimentary parking permits are included with my course registrations for the covered parking structure right next to our classrooms! My friends who take public transportation also love that the campus trolley and bus stops are located so close to our Osher courses.
The instructors were engaging, approachable and enthusiastic about their material.
The Osher Institute at SDSU provides a wide variety of courses, intellectual stimulation, knowledgeable teachers who are passionate about their topics, and the opportunity to meet new people. What's not to love?