Additional Osher Resources
More Details Below!
For Technical Support with logins and Zoom, please visit SDSU Global Campus IT Support.
For help with registration, please visit How to Register or contact the SDSU Global Campus Registration Office by emailing email@example.com or calling (619) 594-5152.
If you need assistance, remember — Osher @ SDSU hosts Office Hours every Monday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. PT.
Map, Parking, & Transportation
Parking & Transportation
Parking is conveniently located steps away from the buildings where classes are held. The cost of parking is $1 per class.
When registering for a course or event, you will be asked to provide your car license plate information. This information will be used to create a discounted Osher virtual parking permit which will be valid for one hour prior to the start time of your class until one hour after your class ends, in Parking Structure (PS) 6 only. The discounted price ($1 per class) is only available for purchase at the time of registration, and payment will be required for each class of a multi-week course. (Example: for a 6-week course, the parking is $6.) No refunds once purchased.
Please note the following:
- Physical parking permits will not be issued for Osher parking. Your license plate will be scanned upon entry to the parking structure and cross-matched with the license plate information provided at the time of registration.
- PS 6 is conveniently located adjacent to the Extended Studies Building where most Osher at SDSU classes are held.
- Parking permits are required 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Legal parking is the responsibility of the individual.
- For questions on parking permits or citations, contact Parking Services at 619-594-6671.
- Alternative transportation options are listed below.
- Gateway Center: Classrooms; Registration office located at windows facing Hardy Avenue.
- Extended Studies Center: Osher Institute at SDSU office and classrooms.
- Lot 6: Parking permit valid on all levels. (Levels 5 and 6 are closest to Gateway and Extended Studies Center classrooms.) Handicapped-accessible and motorcycle spaces are available.
- Lot 7: Overflow parking is available in “SP800” spaces with an Osher parking permit.
- Transit Center: Bus/Trolley.
- Student Services West (room 2620): SDSUcard office.
- Lot 3: Overflow parking is available in “Student” spaces with an SDSU Global Campus parking permit.
- Lot 4: Overflow parking is available in “Student” spaces with an SDSU Global Campus parking permit.
Trolley/Bus Transportation Options
Take the trolley or bus to your Osher class. Call the Metropolitan Transit System at (619) 233-3004 or go to sdmts.com for more information. Discount rates are available from MTS for senior/disabled/ Medicare recipient riders.
The SDSU Transit Center has become a popular transportation method for many Osher Members, with bus and trolley access conveniently located on campus and close to the Osher classrooms.
To help keep our community safe and healthy, all Osher students are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and boosters. Please note that you’ll need to confirm this information before your first in-person class begins in order to participate. We will also require you to have your card on your person when attending class. We will contact you with more details as we get closer to your class date.
We're excited to be able to offer scholarship opportunities to our Osher students. To apply, you’ll need to submit a written application letter. If you are interested in applying for an Osher scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We strive to make your Osher Institute experience the best that it can be. However, we know that the unexpected can happen and you may need to withdraw from an Osher offering after registering.
To drop or withdraw from a course, please contact the SDSU Global Campus Registration Office. Please note that non-attendance or notifying the instructor does not constitute officially dropping or withdrawing from a course.
Decisions on withdrawals and refunds will be based on the date when notice is received by SDSU Global Campus. Drops/withdrawals done by mail are effective as of the postmark date.
- If you withdraw at least two weeks before the first day of class:
- You’ll receive a total fee refund minus $5 ff the class fee is less than $50.
- You’ll receive a total fee minus $21 if the class fee is more than $50.
- No refunds will be given within two weeks before the class starts.
- No refund is made for amounts of $20 or less.
Refunds are not automatic. No refunds are due unless the course is officially dropped within stated guidelines in the refund schedule above. You can expect to receive refunds approximately four weeks from the request's date. Refunds may be applied against other amounts due to the University. In some cases, you may be able to make an even exchange for a different class within the same semester.
All Osher special event and Edventure fees are non-refundable after the registration deadline and are non-transferable. The membership fee is not a tuition fee, and accordingly, cannot be prorated, refunded, transferred, credited, or adjusted.
For questions or assistance with refunds, please call the Registration Office at (619) 594-5152.
The number-one way people hear about the Osher Institute is through a friend. We appreciate your help with spreading the word to potential new members. If you would like to bring a friend to check out one session of a course, lecture, workshop, or book club, please contact the Osher staff in advance to request approval to attend.
- Guests attending without prior approval will be asked to register and pay, provided there is still room in the class.
- If the class has reached its maximum enrollment, we cannot accommodate guests.
- All registrations are non-transferable, and therefore guests may not “sit in” for their absent friends in any Osher course/activity whether in person or online.
Accommodations for Students With Disabilities
Osher @ SDSU is dedicated to providing an enjoyable learning experience for all students. When registering for a course or off-campus event for which you will require accommodations, please notify the Osher staff as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Connect With Us
Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at Osher, connect with instructors, members, and staff, and more!
Hear From Our Members
The Osher Institute at SDSU provides a wide variety of courses, intellectual stimulation, knowledgeable teachers who are passionate about their topics, and the opportunity to meet new people. What's not to love?