Share the Gift of Learning: Our Annual Giving Campaign Needs You
In 2004, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute debuted at San Diego State University with 16 students and seven courses that included Religions of the World; and The Impolite Subjects: Sex, Religion, and Politics.
Today, Osher at SDSU boasts over 700 members and offers more than 130 intellectually stimulating courses each year.
The $1 million endowment we received in 2015 distributes $50,000 toward our program each year and covers about 13% of our expenses. The endowment was intended as seed money to help us grow and ultimately become financially self-sufficient. Our membership and tuition fees cover an additional 38%. SDSU World Campus has been generously covering the gap ($127,050), but we need to become self-sufficient. To attain that goal, we’re continually growing membership and reducing expenses while maintaining the excellent quality of our programming.
OSHER MEMBER BENEFITS
- High-quality courses with excellent instructors
- Free, convenient campus parking included with course fees
- SDSU Love Library privileges
- Free Microsoft Office 365 (classic Office software plus the Cloud)
- Discounted rates at the Aztec Recreation Center, local theaters, museums, and more (with SDSUcard)
- Free admission to all regular season Aztec athletic events (with SDSUcard)
- Amazon Prime student rate ($59 versus $119 per year)
- Connection to the academic and cultural resources at San Diego State University
WAYS TO DONATE
To keep courses nominally priced, we rely on fundraising. Our goal for the 2019-20 fiscal year is $20,000. Please consider a tax-deductible gift of any amount to help us reach our goal, which directly impacts our ability to expand course offerings, community outreach, and all the many benefits of membership.
1. Donate online: Please consider giving to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at San Diego State University, to help support the Institute's tradition of excellence. Your donations online are tax-deductible, private and secure.
2. Send a check to:
The Campanile Foundation
Attn: Gift Administration
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego CA 92182-1968
Made payable to The Campanile Foundation/Designation: Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
3. Planned giving
You can also help us grow our endowment through a gift in your will or trust. To learn more about planned giving, visit plannedgiving.sdsu.edu or contact Allison Ohanian at (619) 594-0771 or firstname.lastname@example.org.