Introducing SDSU@San Diego Mesa College, and SDSU@Southwestern College
San Diego students can now get a San Diego State University bachelor’s degree without having to set foot on an SDSU campus through a partnership with San Diego Mesa College and Southwestern College.
SDSU and its community college partners have created two degree completion programs to launch during the fall of 2020.
We understand that attaining a traditional four-year degree can be difficult. Many of today’s students have full or part-time jobs, families, and other commitments, which is why SDSU and its partners have created new programs to fit their unique educational needs.
Through around the clock access to SDSU’s online course offerings, and with on-site student services provided at the community colleges ready to assist, students can attain a valuable degree from SDSU on their schedule.
The new pilot programs with Mesa and Southwestern will:
- Provide programming and services at the community colleges.
- Address the unique educational needs of today’s local students.
- Provide student support and academic advising services for all program participants.
- Allow students to gain a valuable degree from SDSU with convenient online courses taught by tenure and tenure-tracked SDSU faculty.
- Provide on-site supplemental assistance at the community college campuses, including in-person discussions, coursework guidance, and supplemental instruction support.
We’ve designed these programs to increase educational opportunities for the students of today and the professionals of tomorrow. Together, we can build stronger communities all over San Diego.
The pilot programs will launch during fall 2020 with SDSU offering the following bachelor online degree completion programs during the 2020-2021 academic year:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
View Program Details
Bachelor of Sciences in both Business Administration and Criminal Justice
View Program Details
These programs are an extension of SDSU’s online degree completion programs. SDSU will develop and oversee the programs, with optional on-site student services provided by SDSU World Campus.
Applications will start being accepted March 16, 2020.
If you are a current or former student from San Diego Mesa College or Southwestern College and have completed the minimum unit requirement (60 semester/90 quarter), you can complete our interest form and we will be in touch with you about requirements and next steps to apply.
In order to apply, please follow
these two steps:
1. Fill out form to the right (below on mobile), then
2. Fill out the Cal State Apply application here
- BSBA: When asked for a major, select “Business Admin (General) (BS) (Extension) (ONLINE PROGRAM)”.*
- Criminal Justice: When asked for a major, select “Criminal Justice (General) (BS) (Extension) (ONLINE PROGRAM)”.*
- *A $70 nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants at the time of application.
We are grateful for our partners at Southwestern and Mesa, who share in our commitment to ensure that qualified students — especially local community college students — have both degree access and the support needed to be successful.
- Adela de la Torre, San Diego State University President