Location: SDSU Global Campus
4-Days: Monday, June 10 to Thursday, June 13, 2024
Time: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Instructors: Jacob Nunes, Maurice DiMarino
Hosts: Alex Castaneda, Natasha Nace, Evon Yousif, Omar Carrasco
Located in the heart of San Diego, SDSU’s Business of Craft Beer program is offering a unique international craft beer and wine experience. Students from Mexico who are enrolled in the Xperience Makers program are invited to taste, learn, and network in one of America’s most renowned craft beverage cities.
Over four days, you will participate in two engaging courses on craft beer and wine and dessert pairings. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a Certificate of Participation to showcase your newfound craft beer knowledge.
During your free time, join your four hosts and explore all that America’s Finest City has to offer; from art to beautiful landscapes to vibrant neighborhoods, there will be no shortage of excitement during this experience.
- Gain exclusive access to renowned craft breweries and wineries to witness the brewing and winemaking processes firsthand.
- Engage with top craft beer and wine instructors.
- Savor delectable culinary pairings that perfectly complement the craft beer and wine you'll be exploring.
- Expand your network and gain insights into the business side of the craft beverage industry.
- Experience the diverse and dynamic culture of San Diego.
Meet Your Instructors
Jake Nunes is a veteran of San Diego’s food and beverage industry and has about 30 years of experience with a focus on management and bar leadership. Jake is now the Director of Hospitality and Certified Cicerone® for Modern Times Beer and Vice President of the San Diego Brewers Guild. He has been a part of the Business of Craft Beer Certificate Program since its inception in 2013.
- Jacob Nunes
Marice DiMarino, A San Diego native, worked in the San Francisco restaurant industry for a decade. Now, in San Diego, Maurice is a wine and beverage director for the Cohn Restaurant Group, overseeing 22 restaurants. He is a Certified Sommelier, Certified Cicerone®, and CRT certified in tequila.
- Maurice DiMarino