With SDSU’s Open University Certificate in Text Analytics, you’ll learn how to uncover patterns and trends in text data sets that can help you extract knowledge and make data-driven decisions. Analyzing — and more importantly, understanding — text data leads to better decision making in nearly any field.
You’ll enhance your skills through online courses that focus on many areas of text analytics, including:
- Speech recognition
- Machine translation
- Text mining, classification, and filtering
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
This text analytics certificate program is designed for:
- Undergraduate or graduate students interested in enhancing their résumés after graduation
- Professionals who are currently working in language processing or a related field who wish to update their knowledge
- Aspiring professionals who want to enhance their marketability
Whether you’re interested in unlocking consumer behavior through product reviews, conducting customer service support analyses, performing scientific research, or supporting litigation, you’ll learn how to use text analytics as a tool to drive decisions and deliver results.
- Mathematical and Data Analysis Tools: Linguistics 571 or 572
- Probability: Statistics 550 or 551A or equivalent (for example, Statistics 670A). You should ensure that you’ve satisfied the necessary lower division calculus or linear algebra prerequisites for these courses. SDSU prerequisite courses for this course are Mathematics 151, 252, and 254.
- Intro to Computational Linguistics: Linguistics 581
- Statistical Methods in Text Analysis: Linguistics 583
You’ll need to obtain a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course to earn your certificate.
1. Write down the required courses.
2. Log into the SDSU Global Campus Gateway and create an account if needed.
3. Select Open University registration.
4. Navigate through the schedule to select your courses and pay.
Please visit the Department of Linguistics and Asian/Middle Eastern Languages website for more information. You can also email the certificate advisor Dr. Jean Mark Gawron at email@example.com.
For general information, contact the SDSU Global Campus coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-594-0845.