The College of Extended Studies and the SDSU Departments of Geography and Computer Science now offer a Certificate in Geographic Information Science focused on skills in geospatial technology. The certificate courses combine various aspects of computer science with geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, cartographic visualization, and data analytics. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, geospatial technology is one of high growth job areas.
1. Find the list of courses required for the Certificate in Geographic Information Science at the Departments of Geography and Computer Science Geographic Information Science Certificate (no application required).
2. Write down the required courses.
3. Log into the CES Gateway and create an account if needed.
4. Select Open University registration.
5. Navigate through the schedule to select your courses and pay.
Questions? Contact the faculty advisors for the certificate program, Professor Piotr Jankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 594-0640 or Professor Carl Eckberg at email@example.com or (619) 594- 6834.
For general information, contact the CES coordinator at (619) 594-5821.