New Program Announcement
The M.A. in Educational Leadership Program will no longer be accepting applicants. However, we are now offering an online M.A. in Teacher Leadership Program, designed to help current teachers take on leadership roles in their school communities without affecting their impact in the classroom.
- San Diego State University Ranks Among the Top Master's in Education Degree Programs on Intelligent for 2020.
- SDSU ranked #4 best college for Educational Leadership by Guide to Online Schools.
- SDSU EDL Online program is ranked first in California (US News & World Report Ranking 2017) and 10th in the nation (Best Colleges).
- SDSU is listed No. 60 out of the top 464 public universities in the U.S.
- Professors in our program are world-renowned for their work in leadership and instruction.
Reimagining Educational Leadership Through Technology
Read the Experiences of Students from the Program
Michelle Snyder, a mother of three, says the program is a perfect fit for her. Not only is she able to take her classes online from home, she can also apply what she learns to her current position as an English teacher at an accredited high school that offers online and blended learning.
“I’m learning the same way my students learn,” she said. “It really has changed the way I teach. The class is a good balance of technology, pedagogy, and leadership.”
Ulises Cisneros ,second-grade Spanish-immersion teacher, noted, “It’s been an amazing experience getting to start from the beginning. ”
"This program really makes us think big-picture,” Cisneros said. “We think far into the future, not just the near future. It helps us become better leaders in education.”
Last 12 months
Over 10 years