Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person components of this program have either been paused, rescheduled, or moved into a virtual format until further notice.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 594-3376 to learn how these changes affect your program. SDSU will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidance of our local and federal health agencies.
Complete an Entire Year of Foreign-Language Studies in Just Five Weeks with Summer Intensive Language Courses
Immerse yourself in one of these critical languages– Arabic, Chinese, or Portuguese. With SDSU's Summer Intensive Language Courses, you can earn 3-20 units of foreign language credit this summer. Each intensive language and culture studies class meets for four to six hours of interactive instruction daily.
LARC Summer 2022 Language Courses dates
Fill out the form here to subscribe for updates
Dates: May 25 - June 10, 2022 (SDSU)
- ARAB 101 Elementary Arabic I
- CHIN 101 Elementary Chinese I
- PORT 101 Elementary Portuguese I
Dates: June 13 - June 29, 2022 (SDSU)
- ARAB 102 Elementary Arabic II
- CHIN 102 Elementary Chinese II
- PORT 102 Elementary Portuguese II
Dates: July 5 - July 19, 2022 (Online)
- ARAB 201 Intermediate Arabic I
- CHIN 201 Intermediate Chinese I
- PORT 203 Intermediate Portuguese I
Dates: July 20 - August 5, 2022 (Online)
- ARAB 202 Intermediate Arabic II
- CHIN 202 Intermediate Chinese II
- PORT 204 Intermediate Portuguese II
Why SDSU's Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC)?
SDSU is the only local university offering Arabic, Chinese, and Portuguese courses with LARC's highly successful intensive summer format. Our expert instructors will guide you in achieving practical language skills and cultural awareness through conversations, games, writing, multimedia, and other activities based on today's latest language learning theories and practice.
"I had the pleasure of taking Ghassan Zakaria's Arabic 101/102 class. Arabic is the fourth language that I have taken upon myself to study formally ... I find Ghassan to be an outstanding instructor. His class exceeded my greatest expectations.
~ Keren Chansky Suberri, Ph.D., ABPP
NJ Licensed Psychologist SIO2914
Who should enroll?
- Students who want to complete their foreign language requirements in a fast, intensive format
- Heritage speakers who want to improve their formal language skills
- Highly-educated professionals interested in a challenging academic pursuit, and business, legal, and healthcare professionals who want to expand their marketability within their field by adding linguistic knowledge and capacity to their repertoire
About the Classes
Arabic courses are 4 units each. Chinese courses are offered for 5 units. Portuguese 203/204 are 3 units each. Tuition is $369 per unit.
Take a two-course sequence (e.g., Arabic101/102, 201/202) to earn eight units in under six weeks, or take an individual course to earn four to five units in under three weeks.
Want more information?