Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person components of this program have either been paused, rescheduled, or moved into a virtual format until further notice.
Please email email@example.com or call (619) 594-2966 to learn how these changes affect your program. SDSU will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidance of our local and federal health agencies.
Complete an Entire Year of Foreign-Language Studies in Just Five Weeks with Summer Intensive Language Courses
Immerse yourself in one of these critical languages– Arabic, Persian, or Portuguese. With SDSU's Summer Intensive Language Courses, you can earn 3-20 units of foreign language credit this summer. Each intensive language and culture studies class meets for four to six hours of interactive instruction daily.
Check back for upcoming LARC Summer 2021 Language Courses
Fill out the form here to subscribe for updates
Dates: May 26 - June 11 (Online)
- ARAB 101 Elementary Arabic I
- PERS 101 Elementary Modern Persian I
- PORT 101 Elementary Portuguese I
Dates: June 14 - June 30 (Online)
- ARAB 102 Elementary Arabic II
- PERS 102 Elementary Modern Persian II
- PORT 102 Elementary Portuguese II
Dates: July 6 - July 20 (Online) *Includes one class meeting on July 10
- ARAB 201 Intermediate Arabic I
- PERS 201 Intermediate Persian I
- PORT 203 Intermediate Portuguese I
Dates: July 21 - August 6 (Online)
- ARAB 202 Intermediate Arabic II
- PERS 202 Intermediate Persian II
- PORT 204 Intermediate Portuguese II
Why SDSU's Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC)?
SDSU is the only local university offering Arabic, Persian, and Portuguese courses with LARC's highly successful intensive summer format. Our expert instructors will guide you in achieving practical language skills and cultural awareness through conversations, games, writing, multimedia, and other activities based on today's latest language learning theories and practice.
"I had the pleasure of taking Ghassan Zakaria's Arabic 101/102 class. Arabic is the fourth language that I have taken upon myself to study formally ... I find Ghassan to be an outstanding instructor. His class exceeded my greatest expectations.
~ Keren Chansky Suberri, Ph.D., ABPP
NJ Licensed Psychologist SIO2914
Who should enroll?
- Students who want to complete their foreign language requirements in a fast, intensive format
- Heritage speakers who want to improve their formal language skills
- Highly-educated professionals interested in a challenging academic pursuit, and business, legal, and healthcare professionals who want to expand their marketability within their field by adding linguistic knowledge and capacity to their repertoire
About the Classes
Arabic and Persian courses are 4 units each. Portuguese 101/102 are 5 units each and Portuguese 203/204 are 3 units each. Tuition is $369 per unit.
Take a two-course sequence (e.g., Persian 101/102, Persian 201/202) to earn eight units of Arabic or Persian in under six weeks, or take an individual course to earn four to five units in under three weeks.
Want more information?